Tuesday, March 20, 2012

I Turned 35



How is that for an exciting title? When you're a mom, and it's a Sunday, birthdays are just another day. That's why I believe in celebrating all week..heck, all month! I have always loved having a March birthday. It feels like the promise of Spring is in the air. Here is what I have done to celebrate:

I went to lunch with some girlfriends on Saturday to Food for Thought. I have known Mandee for several years but I just met the rest of these girls over the last few months. It is really fun to make new friends as an adult! They are the most stylish girls ever..and I need help in that dept!



Ashley gave me a gift card to my favorite store White House Black Market and I had to have this skirt. Have you seen it on their commercial? I wore the skirt Sunday to church. My bday is the day after St. Patrick's Day so I usually wear green on my day!



My neighborhood girlfriends took me to dinner at Zupas tonight. Apparently I am the only one who thinks it is Spring...yes it is freezing.



My mom made me my favorite dinner at her house. This picture is sooo my life:



My boys helping me blow out the candles (because Sammie was sulking because she pushed Ryan off a bar stool and I had to give her a beat-down.)



My mom gave me two adorable swim suits from Hapari:





and these shoes:



And a knife set, and workout tights.

A friend sent me fun gifts in the mail:



I bought myself two pairs of fun earrings at Rodworks of all places:




I got many more birthday wishes and gifts from friends as well. All in all in was a good birthday..and it keeps on giving. I am getting a hot stone massage on Saturday!



Aaaaah!

Finally, last but not least, a good friend made me a Top Twenty loves and hates about dating after hearing my dating stories...check it out here:

Brooke's Birthday Top 20 -

15 comments:

Ashley said...

That first picture is so cute, even though you just ripped it off the web someplace.

This birthday looks great--lots of good girl food and new clothes. Saying I gifted you a giftcard is a bit of a stretch though! I like the second pair of new earrings.

The picture of your life doesn't look so bad!

sarahw said...

Happy Birthday!!! I promise, we tried to call, but hope it was as good and fun as it looks on the blog.

You have such good and STYLISH friends.

Love the WHBM skirt, you should be on the commercial.

Em said...

Happy Birthday, Brooke!

I love that picture of Buster in your arms. Not only is it absolutely hilarious, but it also makes me feel so much better about my life with Damita.

I love that second pair of new earrings, and your new WHBM skirt. And your new swimsuits! You racked in!

Jill said...

I'm so glad you had a great birthday! You look fantastic, that skirt is awesome and the green sweater is beautiful.

Jaime said...

Happy Birthday Brooke! You are so cute! I love the new skirt. You look hot! Your legs are especially beautifully tanned. Good job!

Heather said...

You do look hot! And, seriously, I want to hear your dating stories, but just the good ones. I have enough bad ones for both of us.

Molly said...

Happy Birthday!! You are the second friend in two days to post about how much fun stuff they did for their birthdays. I think I need to do a little more celebrating next time my birthday rolls around! I am missing out!

Greg said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Greg said...

This was a fun post and I'm glad you had (and continue to have) such a great birthday!

I love the picture of Buster "going rogue" during the family photo! Also, I can totally relate to your explanation of why Sammie didn't make it into the pic of you blowing out your birthday candles.

We have stuff like that happen all the time for our family's "Kodak" moments.

Sometimes it's neat to capture those "imperfect" family moments and your family will be so glad that they can go back and read about them someday on your blog.

Megan said...

Happy Birthday, Brookie! Hope you had a great day!

And I'm checking your blog EVERY DAY hoping for your dating stories. Clue us out-of-towners in!!!

alexandra said...

Happy birthday! I turn 35 in the fall and am dreading it. Getting older is taking on more worrisome ramifications.

You look really awesome. You are so skinny and fit. I can't believe you have 4 kids and look like that. Really. It would take reconstructive surgery for me, and that is a fact provided to me by a doctor.

Babies are hard, but a year from now Buster will be turning 3 (this was the fastest 2 years of my life!) and it will hopefully be easier.

I wish we could hear more about your dates. Perhaps a private blog iwth women-only readers? :) I hope they are more often wonderful than painful! I can imagine that you are getting a lot of attention.

alexandra said...

Oh, where can I copy you with that green sweater? I love it!

brooke said...

Alexandra, I am toying with the idea of a friend's only private blog for crazy dating stories...hmmmm. The green sweater is from Boden and is four years old...but I am glad you like it...I just about threw it out!

Kimmie said...

i second the notion for a private "girlfriends only" dating blog!!! can't wait to see you this weekend!

Elizabeth said...

Happy Birthday to the most glowing 35 year old I know!

I'm glad you had a great day with nice pressies and your Mum cooking you tea.

Ex