Sunday, March 11, 2012

Dear Winter,



I'm leaving you. I've been seeing someone else and his name is Spring. I just returned from a trip to Southern California (post coming) and I can't go back to you. You are too cold, too dark, you have too much baggage (coats and boots!) I need a change! I'm committed to Spring now.

I am buying spring clothes in bright colors:



I got my nails painted in a hot pink shellac:



I've washed my mini van (this is not nothing people)

and I've busted out my flats:



It was 60 degrees today and I went to church with bare legs. My birthday is coming up and you know I don't want you around for that. So take a hike! We're through!

p.s. Check back this week for a very fun giveaway I'm doing to celebrate Spring!

8 comments:

Ashley said...

I love the hot pink shellac! I can't think about winter. It is the one thing that scares me about moving back to Utah. I have become so accustomed to the mild weather here. It's a big deal.

I am also into bare legs season now, but for awhile I was wearing nude fishnets with boots. You should try it.

Lets get your next trip out here booked!

Kristine Gray said...

Here's to Spring! I think anything under 70 degrees is cold. I could never live where it might snow. I'm a wimp.

Lisa Cannon said...

I want to hear all about the dating. I keep waiting and waiting.......

Liz said...

You are quite the traveler. All I've been thinking about lately is So.Cal. Can't wait to hear about it.

Elizabeth said...

I love the bright coloured jeans. I want some very badly for winter... but over here they are all autumn colours (boring).
You look so beautiful in that pic with Ryan.

melissa walker said...

Spring is here in Chicago, amazingly enough. High 60s and 70s this week (not our usual March weather) I love it,but am a little afraid we will pay for it later!

Greg said...

Brooke--

When you say that you "washed your minivan," what exactly do you mean? Did you stumble across some car wash fundraiser?

I think I'd be most impressed if the "wash" included the inside as well as the outside--that truly would be something...

Heather said...

Can I take you to Golden Spoon for your birthday? If the weather is still good, we can sit on curb in the parking lot, ghetto style... rock it.